The Democrats are Irritated ~ Awwww!
and the whining and gnashing of teeth continues…
The month of June with the Majority:
http://democrats.senate.gov/multimedia/ Videos too!
June 29, 2007 – Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and other Democratic leaders held a press conference today to discuss the Democratic-led Congress’ accomplishments and their agenda for July. The 110th Congress is making progress for the American people on toughest challenges we face – working together to defend our country, restore accountability, grow our economy, strengthen our families, and preserve our planet.
Even with the Republicans stalling our efforts at every turn, this Democratic Congress is delivering on our promises to move America forward. “We have much to be proud of from the first half of the year, and we have even more to do as we enter the second,” said Senator Reid. He added, “In the coming weeks, we will continue to force a change of course in Iraq until the President and Congressional Republicans finally heed the advice of military experts, respect the will of the American people, and join us in bringing the war to a successful and responsible end. Neither our troops nor the American people can afford to wait until September for a new strategy.”
What planet do they actually live on??
|06/30/07||Reid, In Democratic Radio Address, Highlight Democrats’ Accomplishments In First Six Months|
- Pelosi, Hoyer, Rangel, and Levin Statement on Trade “We will continue working to improve our trade policy, while at the same time addressing the increased economic insecurity faced by American families.” 06/29/2007
- Pelosi, Reid Discuss Six Month of Democratic Accomplishments “Democrats have brought a new direction to Congress. It is a new way of thinking and a new Washington – one in which we defend our country, grow our economy, care for our children and families, protect our planet and restore accountability. This is in the tradition of our founding fathers, and honors the will of the American people.” 06/29/2007
- Pelosi Statement on Blocked Immigration Reform “Our immigration system needs to honor the promise of America and recognize the enormous contributions that immigrants make to our nation.” 06/28/2007
- Pelosi, Democrats Announce America’s ‘Energy Independence Day’ Legislation “It creates new jobs, new technologies and innovation, and invests in cutting-edge research, supports small business, creates energy solutions, and creates ‘good green’ jobs.” 06/28/2007
- Pelosi, Reid Sign ‘Live Earth Pledge’ “The climate crisis is as local as our neighborhoods and as global as the planet. We must act swiftly to protect God’s creation from dramatic changes that threaten our national security and health, our crops and coastlines, and the very survival of many species on earth.” 06/28/2007
- Pelosi: Supreme Court School Decision a Retreat From Our Nation’s Commitment to Opportunity and Equality “This decision is a retreat from our nation’s commitment to opportunity and equality in our schools and a retreat from the fundamental values of our country.”
Pelosi: Republicans Choose Partisanship Over Progress by Blocking 9/11 and Lobbying Reform Bills “Once again, Senate Republican leaders have chosen partisanship over progress by blocking consideration of the 9/11 and lobbying reform bills, both of which passed the House and Senate by large bipartisan majorities.”
- Pelosi: Today’s Legislation Will Help End Voter Suppression and Deceptive Practices “House Democrats are committed to protecting the right of every American to vote and to restore confidence in our electoral system.” 06/25/2007
Apparently, they can dish it out but can’t take it. So they keep making things up. Of course, as I have said frequently, I’m not too happy with the so-called Republicans either. But this damn playing politics with our troops lives has to stop! These so-called leaders do not have our troops welfare at heart – our troops are just pawns in the great snake oil salesman con known as our Congress.
Con ~ Pro
Congress ~ Progress
A voice in the wilderness:
Our troops deserve so much better than this from the elected as well as the people of this country.